Our DIY stamped concrete patio and DIY boardwalk


We added a sliding door to our master bedroom and decided we needed a patio. Once the patio was in we wanted a way to join our two back porches and because we were on a tight budget I went to Pinterest for inspiration. I saw a very popular post for a pallet walkway and this is our version. It was done using about $50.00 worth of 2x4, stain and screws. The family calls it our boardwalk. I am so happy with how it turned out! 



We made forms out of scrap wood that we had around the house and ordered the concrete- we rented tools to stamp the concrete once it was down. With help of neighbors and friends it went well and the concrete stamps worked great- 
We finished laying the sod and planted a flower bed next to the boardwalk to complete the look. I also put in solar lights along the walkway. Overall we have had a huge response to the boardwalk- people love it. I think it adds a lot of texture and charm. 


Popular Posts