My first try with Chalk Paint





I decided to paint the table in my foyer. I had never really loved the color of the table and I only paid $35.00 for it -so I figured I didn't have much to lose if it turned out really bad.



Before



I hate prep work- I really do. I did not take a lot of time to clean the table or tape anything off before I started. The only thing I did do was take the pull handles out before I started. I painted the entire thing white with chalk paint from JoAnn fabric. The paint says Home Décor Chalk on it. I had to do two coats of the white to get it to cover completely. On the top I used Home Décor Wax in the color called antiquing. My goal was to create a rustic wood look. For my first time using chalk paint, and doing no prep work- I think it turned out really well. This paint is different to work with but I like it. So far it has held up well to the abuse my family gives it. I will probably paint a few more furniture pieces with it.

After




This is a close up of the top after it was painted




Popular Posts