The Master Bedroom

Our master bedroom is small and the closet space is also small so we have done what we could to make it feel as large as possible.

This is what we started with


The window facing the backyard


The door going in and out of the room

Closet door and second window

Our first step was to let the dogs destroy the room! They did a great job :)
They took the carpet out in no time


We also added a sliding door where the window was that faced the backyard. This has allowed so much light.

Next we took down walls, this was the closet and second window

Another view of the room after we took out the drywall- we also did some framing and insulated the walls better

This is the view looking out of the room- to the left is where the closet was and to the right was where the door to the room was at, also a hallway closet


We also had to do a lot of wiring for lights


The next thing we did was bring in this guy- a great friend of Travis' - he is the best drywall hanger and he loves to work- so he came to help!

The pictures are confusing but this is the new closet- we decided to put in a pocket door to save space in the room- to the right we added space to the master bedroom closet by taking the hallway closet and making it part of our closet.


What is this mess? It soon turns into my fireplace :)



The space Travis is standing in is the new closet- it is much bigger and has a better layout

Everything is better with drywall!




I am always cold- so I LOVE my little fireplace!

Pictures starting to make sense?

READY FOR SOME AFTER PHOTOS?


We put the bed back in the room under the window- with the sliding door on the other wall we are a little limited on placement of furniture

The pocket door- which is so much better and my fireplace with the TV above. The closet is almost a walk in now and Travis even put a light in it for me so we can get dressed a lot easier in the morning without turning on all the bedroom lights.


this is the same wall before- because of the closet door we could not put any furniture in that corner


At this point we did not have furniture for the room that seemed to fit just right



This dresser was in the corner- but it just was not working for me. At Christmas time I had saved some money and did some planning and made a trip to IKEA while I was visiting my family. If you have not made a trip to IKEA I highly recommend it! I love that store and go twice a year making the 5 hour drive :)

These are a few of the new elements that I added to the room


I purchased two of these cute night stand/ dressers- so that we could get rid of the taller one in the corner. They were only $99.00 each- great buy

I also found two paintings at TJ MAX that I am thinking about hanging up- not completely decided yet- they may look better in the living room. I also hung curtains from Ikea.

The dresser fits perfect next to the bed and the pocket door and extra wall space makes it possible to have furniture in that corner- we both have more space for our clothes which is another nice bonus. I would like to get two matching table lamps for each side of the bed. One thing at a time.



I would also like to add a bed frame and maybe spruce up the bedding
This chair sits where the tall wood dresser sat before

Overall I think the room feels much bigger and brighter- I still have a few things I would like to add to the space but I am getting there!

Popular Posts