DIY roller shades

My goal for the weekend was to try a few of my favorite Pinterest ideas- I am not done but this is what I have so far for the DIY roller shade that i decided to try. I have trim work to do around the edges of the fabric and along the top we are putting up a wood trim to hide the roller blind.


I started with fabric from Jo-Ann fabrics. It was normally 19.99 a yard but I got it on sale for 11.99 a yard. I purchased 3 yards to make sure I had enough.



Then I purchased two Levolor roller blinds from Lowes and they cut them to the size I needed.



I used a spray adhesive that I also found at Jo-Anns.



Next Travis brought in a big piece of wood and put it on the bed to give me enough room to work.


Then I just cut and glued! It took a little while to get the material on without any air bubbles and to smooth it all out but for the most part it was not a very difficult project. The fabric was not wide enough to reach all the way to the sides and wrap around to the back so my plan was to buy some trim- maybe in grey- and add it around the edges to give it a finished look.



Popular Posts